This is just a minor update from my previous CarPC v.2.0 setup, but I decided to document it in order to add further details and photos missing from my original post.
The only hardware changes in this new setup are:
In addition to the above changes, I created a custom bay on the dashboard out of the housing of an external 2.5″ USB HD, where the DVD drive used to be, to easily eject/insert the SATA hard disk.
Since I had to reinstall Windows XP from scratch, I took my time to unload a big list applications and services normally starting on every boot, to avoid stressing the under powered 1.2GHz Celeron processor.
There is not much more to add, I will let you enjoy the long overdue pictures of the project. More information and specs can be found in my previous post (CarPC v.2.0) 🙂